Klonopin 2mg is a white colored pill with the size of 9.00mm in round shape. 2mg is considered to be the medium dosage strength to treat various health conditions includes anxiety, panic disorder, and seizures. The labeler of 2mg Klonopin is Roche Laboratories. It can be identified with the imprint of K ROCHE 2 K KLONOPIN.
Who can use Klonopin 2 mg?
- It can be prescribed to treat any epileptic diseases for the children above 16 years.
- Individuals with an anxiety disorder can take 2 mg of Klonopin medication for effective results.
- Highly recommended for heart patients to minimize the risk of Panic attack.
Note for the first time users
The onset of action:
Klonopin 2mg tablet will start working after 30 minutes of oral administration. It might extend up to 1 hour.
How long will 2mg dose of Klonopin stay inside the body?
It differs with each individual’s metabolic rate. In general, the effectiveness of the medication would last for 6 hours minimum. The drug’s efficacy may exceed to the maximum period of 8 hours. In children and infants, the effectiveness of this 2 mg might last for half a day.
This medium dose will take 4 days to leave the digestive system as the half-life of the medication is 18 to 60 hours.
It is not safe to take alcohol when taking this medication. Mixing of alcohol with the 2mg strength of Klonopin would cause unpleasant effects like hard to focus, fainting etc.,
Use of Klonopin 2mg during pregnancy:
It is not safe to use the medication at this dose level during pregnancy as this drug has been scheduled under pregnancy category of D. It indicates the risk of use of this medication during pregnancy. The active ingredient called Clonazepam has the potential to harm the fetal growth.
Is this drug habit-forming?
This dosage strength can be habit-forming when using it more than the scheduled period. Consistent use of this dosage level will make an individual become physically dependent on the drug.
Who should not take 2mg Klonopin?
- Allergic to Clonazepam and its inactive compositions
- A heart patient,
- A person with glaucoma,
- A person with liver disease,
- Individual with drug abusing habit.
What other medication one should avoid taking with Klonopin 2mg?
Medicines such as Atenolol, Cetirizine, and pill with nitrates content are tending to blend with Klonopin of this dosage.
It is not safe to use other medication that tends to interact with Clonazepam.
Watch out the side effects
- Loss of sexual desire
- Depressive state
- Severe allergic reaction
- Infection in the respiratory tract
- Rarely it would cause pain in muscle and change the vision.
Warnings for Klonopin 2mg usage
- This drug has the potential to interact with diseases such as any type of glaucoma, liver disease symptoms, and obesity.
- Consuming this drug at this dose by pregnant women and breastfeeding mother is highly dangerous.
- It may entice your suicidal behaviors.
- If it has been used for a prolonged time, the user might start abusing the drug.